Top 10 things that happened this weekend:
1) Friday...Sprinkles Cupcakes yet again...and I wonder why my jeans are getting tighter lately...

2) Halloween shopping. I love costumes. Therefore, I get really into Halloween, even though I'm a 23 yr. old. This year, I was a geek. My costume was from Goodwill. I tried to find the worst outfit ever to be as authentically geeky as possible. I ended up getting several nasty plaid skirts and one hideously ugly orange vest. I chose several options because the store was closing and I didn't want to try on anything there. While waiting in line to check out with my extreme array of unflattering, bold, plaid, pleated attire, I received a very genuine compliment from a lady behind me for my "Beautiful selections"...he he.
(my geek smile..or what I imagine a geek smile would be like)
(FYI: I didn't end up going to my work party for reason's I'd rather not discuss, but luckily my friend, Leslie had a party I could go to instead. This is me and Ashley the...Indian?)(Leslie as Jessica Simpson, and yet another variation of the geek smile)

3) California Pizza Kitchen. I had dinner there w/ Kasey and it was sooo yummy. She helped me get stuff for my Halloween costume too, thanks Kase!
4) Bible Time. I went with my old roomie, Andrea to a lecture on Saturday morning @ The Village on how to study the Bible. To be honest I was a little annoyed at having to wake up early on my precious Saturday, but it was SO worth it! I felt very rewarded for my (really small) sacrifice. It was all about studying the Bible daily and actually injecting God's word into your life. I've already experienced the changes that one hour in The Word can make on your day, I would recommend it to everyone. If anyone is interested, email me and I'll give you the details on the study. I was so blessed to be able to spend time with my old roommate in such a way!
5) Homer Hiccolm. Some friends from ACU are in a band called Homer Hiccolm and the Rocketboys. They played in Downtown Dallas on Saturday afternoon and I had the best intentions of going, but as I was looking for a parking spot, they were finishing their last song. I just stood outside the little gate and talked to people for a while, then left after like 30 minutes because I didn't really care about the other bands playing and I didn't want to pay to get in. (sorry, that was a boring one.)
http://www.myspace.com/rocketboys
6) Cousin Slumber Party. Dear Sweet Cousin Mallory spent the night with me on Saturday night. I spent the night with her last weekend in Abilene, so it was the least I could do to let her "crash @ my pad." (I like to throw in some street talk sometimes for cultural effect). It was so good to get to see her 2 weekends in a row! Rare treat :)
7) A morning with Friends. I am no longer a Sunday morning church goer. Because tons of people actually get turned away from every Sunday morning service at my church, I know myself well enough to not expect to be on time for a seat. Soooo, I spent a nice leisurely morning with a cup of coffee, and FRIENDS re-runs which is basically all the TV that I watch...besides the news (for you, Daddy).

8) Church. My good buddy, Ashley came to church w/ me last night, and we happened upon Andrea and her husband, Cliff on the way. Then, wouldn't you know, Shane and Lana appeared a pew or two over, so they joined us in worship as well. There is something very comforting about attending such a big church and still running into people you love and are close to. The preacher had a wonderful message and I felt very blessed by it. It was a perfect way to start my week. (see the link to The Village Sermons on the side)
9) Fall Backward. Couldn't go without mentioning this! I purposely didn't change the time on most of my clocks this morning JUST so I would feel like I was sleeping in an hour. It worked really well, but I'm going to have to change them before I forget and show up early to things. I get really mad when I'm early to things. Every minute that I'm early is just time that I could have spent doing something else.
10) Attempted Robbery. As I was about to pull into work this morning, I got a call from my boss that our office had been broken into and everyone was meeting @ Cafe Brazil for breakfast, which is the usual routine whenever this happens...(yes it has happened before.) So I spent my morning over a stack of pancakes @ Cafe Brazil while waiting for the police to do their report-thingy. Turns out someone threw a rock through my boss's window, but nothing was stolen. Don't freak out, parents, its not like I work in the ghetto. Our office is on the 1st floor so its an easy target for street-rats and hoodlums. (and yes, my street talk needs work).
4 comments:
This is funny. I like the geek costume. I guess you needed to pick something that didn't involve much effort (hehe). For Halloween I was an evil cat killer.
I love weekends too.
We didn't go to church on Sunday morning this week either because it was Missions Emphasis Sunday and Todd thinks that it is boring (and I agree with him).
Did I mention we are terrible people?
I am still in serious sad denial that I killed an animal.
Why didn't you go to your office party?
Natermor! That is the word I have to type in order to post this.
reezinal-Meagan-the other day i was reading your blog and saw that we wake up at exactly the same time on weekday mornings (6:55am) and I too, treasure the precious time between 5:00pm on Friday and 6:55am on Monday mornings. it is like a present to reward me for the 5 days I go to work. I'm glad you had a good weekend! just reading your blog made me tired. yes-i am an old and married woman. your youth energizes me.
Ummm, why did Cherry type the word reezinal on her post? Did she see my comment and think that I was serious that I had to write my word on there? I just thought it was a funny word that happened to pop up so I told you about it. Or does she have some inside joke with you that reezinal means? I am soooo hoping that she thought she had to write that word in there.
My word now is: liarr.
I think Cherry must have typing-finger turrets syndrome or something. I have no idea what reezinal means. But it sounds like something Snoop Dogg would come up with. Maybe Cherry is trying to be the next Snoop.
Post a Comment