Sunday, July 26, 2009

and the winner is...

The Lakewood Garage Apartment!

Thanks to everyone who responded & gave me their advice on this. It has been a very hard decision making time for me and I appreciate all the support everyone has given me.

In the end, the Lakewood one was just too good of a deal for me to pass up, and I think I'm really going to like living there!
The family who's garage I will be living above is SO great. I spent about an hour there yesterday just chatting with them. I think they were the biggest selling point for me, if I had gotten any weird vibes from them, I would have probably backed out. But they are just a completely lovely little family & I'm actually excited about getting to know them better!

I'm so ready to just be moved!! I don't want to stay in my old apartment for ANY longer than I have to. I stayed with friends for the whole week after the break-in, but forgot that I had left a bag of trash out all week, so when I came back & started packing up, my apartment was filled with like a million gnats! I'm SO grossed out by gnats, so that's just one more reason to want to leave here ASAP.

Yesterday my old roommate Andrea came and helped move some of my stuff over to the new place, and my friend Ashely came last night & we took another load. I just feel so blessed to have friends who are willing to help me out like that. I think I'm really going to enjoy this new place.
Here are some pics that I took yesterday:

This is what you see when you walk in from the top of the stairs:

Kitchen from the Living Room:

I can fit ALL of my dishes in ONE cabinet! (not happening in my current apartment):


Bathroom:

Bedroom:

AND! My new front-loading Washer/Dryer (this sealed the deal for me :)

6 comments:

erin f. said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person. And when I do, little E will be with me!

MRSBKM said...

Im glad this is the one that you picked! I wanted to tell you on your blog that I was voting for this one (sorry, did not post that info). It sounds like a great place. Looks like a great place from the pictures you posted. I guess your mom will come and help you move soon?

Courtney said...

This was the one I was voting for also! It looks so great Meggie!! Where is it located exactly? My sister and brother-in-law live off Greenville on Vickery. I know that's a fairly big area, but they might be somewhat close to you in case you ever needed anything. So excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

I love this one too, and I can't wait to come down and see you!

Mom said...

That message was from me, mom in case you didn't know.

erin f. said...

Soooo, I'm dying to see pictures of your new place with all your stuff in it???