2. ellie. oh man, it hurts how much i love that little girl! and I'm thankful that I get to spend this entire next week with her!! She is going to be very tired of aunt meagan kisses by Sunday.
3. my car. superficial? perhaps, but i am SO thankful for old Cords. She's been there for me since the night before my high school graduation, and she hasn't let me down. We've both had some bumps & dents along the way, but I am so grateful to have her, we're a good team, Cords & I.
4. food. well, more specifically: my unlimited access to it. I, like most human beings, enjoy eating it. And I can't imagine not being able to grab myself a nice Chick-fil-a sandwich any time I want except Sunday. (I think that is Chick-fil-a's way of making us more grateful). There are so many people in this world who go hungry, and I am totally guilty of the American instant gratification attitude.

5. contacts. I actually think about this a lot. Where would I be without contacts? At the very best, I would be forced to wear glasses all the time, which wouldn't be the end of the world, just really annoying. At worst I would be almost blind. Thank you, modern technology.
6. Thanksgiving.....includes all of my thankfuls this year: my car, food, family, Ellie girl, sight to take it all in, & Jesus. I love you, Thanksgiving, and I think you are utterly overshadowed by Christmas. I can't stand it when people jump right into Christmas zone right after Halloween. Don't be those people. Thanksgiving deserves some respect. I'm thankful for you, Thanksgiving.

This family looks nothing like mine, but it get's the point across.
4 comments:
That young boy in the last picture looks kind of like Carter! Oh well that is beside the point, I love and agree with all the things you wrote about. It is all very true and you are very right about Thanksgiving, we should not overlook it. Well you're family is'nt going to overlook anything about it especially holding Ellie! I get her first! Haaaaaaa
I love your list Meagan...except I don't know how Jesus is going to like being #5... I'm just kidding. I know from the way you live your life that Jesus is always #1... I can't wait to see you.
Ellie is ready for some Meagan kisses! We have a lot to be thankful for this year, that is for sure.
I wish we were all going to be in the same place for Thanksgiving this year so I could see you! and last night as I was trying to see Lofton on his video monitor, I told Elliott that without my contacts I am VERY close to legally blind. So since we've brought him home, I either sleep in my glasses, or wake up holding them in my hand, ready to throw them on so I can see how to feed my child. all that to say, I'm very thankful for contacts too! hope you have so much fun at home!
dioppil
Post a Comment