This weekend I went back to ol' ACU for Homecoming, well, actually I went to see Erin and Todd and friends, but Homecoming was a good excuse. I hadn't been back to ACU since the spring, and I really didn't realize how much I missed it. I think it missed me too, because I had a magical movie moment on my drive into Abilene...
...So I was driving in late Friday night, and right as I got to the spot on the interstate where you can see ACU in all its glory, (you know, where the combo of the Bible Building and Tower of Light kinda make it look like ACU is giving you the finger)...well...FIREWORKS started exploding into the air behind it! I was also listening to one of my favorite songs, "Big Country" by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (which reminds me of being in Abilene, and that's why I was listening to it in the 1st place) and the song was at its greatest finale moment right as I saw the fireworks. It was magnificent. Then the moment ended and turned to one of confusion because the fireworks seemed to be coming from Hardin Simmons, so I tracked them down and low and behold, they were! That kinda put a damper on my big dramatic ACU moment, but I heard they later started a fire on Hardin Simmons' campus, so there...jk, jk.
(Erin and I @ the Siggie Homecoming Breakfast...6:30 a.m.)
(Garett got the cutest little puppy! He's like a little white fluff ball.)
(Todd's niece, Glory is adorable and so sweet with "Bentley")
(Family @ the Parade)
(The Siggie's float was really good, the best one, in my un-biased opinion.)
(I'm sorry, but I just couldn't resist taking this picture of Kool, the opportunity just keeps presenting itself. And he just asks for it.)
(Erin and Todd @ the Parade)
(Mallory & me)
(The group @ the Football game, we won, go Wildcats!!)
2 comments:
Remember that time at homecoming where all in the same 30 minutes I broke by shoe, contact, curling iron, and forgot all my jewelry? I feel like there is more than that. I can't believe I didn't have a breakdown. But good times, that Siggie Breakfast, good times.
i LOVE that you were able to take a picture of KOOL. Isn't he just living out all of our dream? to be an ACU student for life? I mean, really, I wish i could do that--even if i did get made fun of and rode a scooter.
Post a Comment