May 24th - Memorial Day Weekend


June
June was slightly uneventful in the sense that I didn't take many pictures so I don't really remember what I did or who I did it with. I do know that I began helping with TRANSFORM, a church group that meets every summer and works on a school in a needy neighborhood. We did things like painting and landscaping. I was a group leader for the "A" wing of the school, we painted a mural on the kindergarden wall, which was sooo cute, and I met a ton a amazing people.
The rest of my June was good, as far as I know, I remember having fun with friends and family, but the details are vague. If only I would take more pictures! I need to work on that. (guess I'm more like my Mom than I realized.)
July
If June was uneventful and undocumented, July was event-filled enough to make up for it. I spent the 4th with my dear friend Kasey Wilson, I'm so glad that Erin was nice enough to let me have Kasey as a friend (because Erin & Kasey have been bff for ages), but good friends are hard to come by, so when you find one, you gotta share them w/ your sister. I guess Kasey is sort-of on-loan to me and I have to give her back to Erin when she comes to town. Anyways, we rode the DART to West End and participated in the "Trinity River Fiesta". We could ride the DART because Kasey's boyfriend, Justin came so he was like our body-guard. We ended up watching the fireworks from blankets on the grassy knoll. It was a very Dallas-y 4th.
I had a fun girls weekend in Ft. Worth with Kelly and Leigh, my favorite Interior Design major buddies from school. Kelly lives in Ft Worth and knows all the fun things to do down there. We had a fun-filled shopping trip, went to Joe T Garcia's, and later we went to the stock yards to a real life Honky-Tonk! I'm not an amazing dancer, as anyone reading this knows, but it was fun and I danced with a guy who dipped me at the end of the song, for real.

And of course I could not forget the ultimate summer event...Border Town Days! Or "BTD" to the seasoned Border Town Days go-er. This year was so much fun, as it always is. I like to think that I have the worlds funnest family, and I don't think that is very far fetched. There is never a dull moment when our friends and family get together and this year was no exception.











So that pretty much sums it up! What a great summer. If I wasn't already so in love with fall, I would be sad to see it end :)
3 comments:
Hi Meagan!
I Love youre blog! Something I'll look forward to checking everything that you write about!
Love Mom
Soooo, why didn't you tell me that you started a blog? Mom had to tell me, which means that I heard about it after the fact because she never calls me anymore!
Thanks a lot. I like the title. I also look pregnant in that picture with you and mama and me.
I think Mom has substituted blogs for actually communicating w/ us. Now that she knows how to use the internet she can keep up w/ our lives without the hassel of talking to us in real life.
Also, you do kinda look pregnant in that picture but I would have never noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out.
Post a Comment