Weddings galore! Seriously, I'm starting to feel like going to weddings is my part-time job.
Here's me & the pretty June Bride:
However, I have yet to go to a wedding and leave wishing I had stayed at home. I may wish they were a little closer to home, but I always have fun once I'm there. My cousin Mallory's wedding was this weekend and it was so lovely, I even cried. (big surprise). She & her new husband, Jordan are so cute, and I'm really excited because they are going to be about a 20 minute drive from me now, in Plano. 
Doin our thing on the dance floor
Heath & Shane conversing on chairs
Dru, Bailey, & Shane

Trey

Here's me & the pretty June Bride:
I LOVE being able to spend time with my family. We happen to be the funnest family ever. We can't help it, it's in our genes to be fun. There really is something about our family that is inherently fun, there's not a dud in the bunch, unless that dud is me and I don't realize it. Maybe....oh well. We're the kind of family who loves to kick our shoes off and dance to Michael Jackson songs like there's no tomorrow. We like practical jokes, embarrassing stories, sarcasm, irony, goofy faces/voices, making fun of each other (in a nice way, of course), and playing crazy-competitive card games that brings out the "win or die" spirit in us, which sometimes leads to more 'creative' methods of winning (hence our family motto: If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin).
The only downfall to brief family time, is that one weekend is never enough. I hate going home after a few days with the Fam. It's just depressing to go back to my boring life, to people who don't have a clue about the Free Willy dance routine of 1994, or the Chuck Wagon, or spoken/unspoken rules of Nertz, or how (seriously) unbelievably cute Emmerette is, and the hilarious things that come out of Sellers' 5 yr. old mouth.
I always get a little depressed, then I get over it because I realize that I'm the most blessed person in the world. Because I have SO many people in my life who would drop everything to be there for me if something happened, and I would do the same for them. Not a lot of people have even one person like that, and I have an overflowing cup of them. Here are just a few :)
Trev
Mer
Bai



The Queen of the Mayfields, aka, Grandma Mayfield.
Me & Selly, she is way more tan than me.
Shane feeding Emmerett
Emmerette's feet - could be the cutest feet ever.
6 comments:
We DO have the best family ever. I wish we had been there.
Thank you, Meagan, for making me cry at my desk this morning. I wish we could have been there SO bad--we do have the best family in the whole world, and somedays I just like to think about the chuck wagon, performing the Free Willy dance in Colorado in 94 in front of the fireplace, and dressing up like elephants on a float in West Texas. It's something that I'm so glad to bring our little boy in to, becauase he will seriously have a village to raise him! Thanks for all of the random pictures from the wedding--I especially like the one of Shane and Heath conversing on the chairs. Hope you are having a good week! love you!
Great pictures Meagan! It was a fun weekend and it was great to see so many of the family. Course we did miss those who were not able to come! Hope we get to see you again soon.
So glad you got to spend some family time. Big families are the best, aren't they?!
Hi Meagan! I haven't seen you in forever! It seems like everything is going great for you! I saw Lydia at a camp this past week, and it made me think of our Bozeman trip; that seems like a long time ago. That was so fun! Well, your blog is so cute, and I loved reading it :)
So true :) This was weekend that I didn't get to enjoy quality family time as much as normal, but I love seeing all the behind the scenes pictures! As soon as we get chairs you are coming over for dinner! :)
Post a Comment