Well, this feels like "deja-vu all over again" (sorry for that lame term) but the EXACT thing happened to me AGAIN today. Almost the same situation, including the flag football players, the bleeding, the shame and the trembling feeling of holding back tears. I may sound like a baby, but it HURT. This time it was mostly my right knee and left hand that bit it. There will be bruises.
On another note: I haven't had a Dr. Pepper in almost 2 months, which is a big deal for me, considering I used to have like 2/day. However this event pushed me into another relapse, because there is nothing that makes me feel better about falling down than a good ol' Route 44 from SONIC!
Ahhh, I'm a tiny bit dissapointed that I broke my stride. It was worth it.
I can always go back to my Dr. Pepper-less life tomorrow.


8 comments:
Ouch, I know that hurts. I still say my bike crash of 2008 was worse than child birth. I have never hurt all over so bad as when I crashed on my bike. Get some knee pads and gloves and elbow pads and take lots of Aleve.
I hate to see those pretty legs all scared up. I wish I was there to help you put on a bandaid! Ha! Even though, it did look like a nasty injury, take good care, I'll see you Easter! Love, Mom
Meagan -
Warn a person next time you post a graphic picture! Some of us don't do blood and injuries well. Next time you should post a flashing yellow sign that says "Danger: Injury Photo Ahead" or something. Or give your blog a rating like they do for TV now. M for mature graphic images (or language - I know you like to let it all out now and again)
Meggie- I feel your pain girly. I am so clumsy that I fall about everyother day. Or rather, save myself from falling. Enjoy your DP and get back out there. One day you will conquer the street. ha ha. love ya. See you at Easter?
Bai - I'm sorry, would it be better if I just described it in words? Right now it is at the stage where it is trying to heal, but it keeps crusting over & cracking open when I bend my knee.
April - Thanks! that makes me feel better that someone else out there is a "faller" - and yes I'm coming home for Easter! Can't wait!!!!
I'm proud of you for treating yourself to a Route 44 Sonic Dr. Pepper after that bust. Sonic will cure almost any bad emotion--pain, sadness, depression, gloominess, and anger. Hope your knee is feeling better!
Meagan!
So sorry about your injury, but really proud of you for running and of course I agree with cherry regarding the sonic relapse! Bailey is right about the graphic state of the injury, too! gross
That looks painful! I can relate...I had my first bike injury today. Couldn't get my foot out of its little cage on the pedal. Not pretty. Love you!
Post a Comment